The S1a is the AC-powered counterpart to the award-winning S1, and contains all of the same intelligent TTL and HSS technology.
- Through The Lens Metering in TTL Mode uses the S1a’s entire 9-stop power range (500W – 1.9Ws) and is automatically calculated in 1/10th stop increments, and allows for ± 3 stops of exposure compensation
- Manual Mode utilizes the entire 9-stop power range, controllable in 1/10th stop increments
- High Speed Sync in Manual Mode at up to 1/8000th of a second shutter speed using the top 3 stops in the power range and is manually adjustable in 1/10-stop increments
- Fast Recycle Time of only 2 seconds at full power allows for rapid shooting in a fast-paced studio environment.
- Color Accurate to within ±100 Kelvin using high-tech insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) technology
- Short Flash Duration for freezing action and sports motion between 1/1000th of a second to 1/9000th depending on power output using IGBT technology.
- Integrated Wireless System with remote TTL flash exposure compensation and manual power control in three groups from camera position using the S1 Remotes for Canon, Nikon, or Sony (sold separately)
- Frosted Glass Dome softens and disperses light evenly through large and small light modifiers alike, from large octaboxes to small beauty dishes and reflectors while protecting the user-replaceable flash tube.
- Aluminum Construction with an attractive matte finish gives the unit greater heat dispersion, durability and weight-to-rigidity efficiency
- Firmware Upgradeable via Micro USB Port for future fixes and features
- Bowens® S-Type Mount is compatible with a large scope of adapter rings and modifiers such as softboxes, reflectors, and grids